Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Problem with Pinterest

So here I have been sitting for hours upon hours for the past few days, supposedly enjoying what little I have left of my winter break before returning to classes on the 17th of January. I have become immersed in all things Pinterest and quite frankly, this pisses me off.

Why you ask? Because I keep seeing all of these awesome things, all of these fun things that I could do at home, and for once, I feel inspired. After Richie bursts my bubble in the magical way that he only knows how, I get pissed and realize, I am not that person, I am not that mother.

You see, I like crafty things, I like awesome looking things. I enjoy being creative, but everything around me stifles me greatly. From kids, to school, and even my own rather large ass. To me, this is disappointing. And please, if you are sitting there reading this with some holier than thou attitude, you can quietly proceed to clicking the close button on your browser and go back to where you came from.

I am not some alien entity and I am not the only person in the world that feels way. Look at some of those awesome creations on Pinterest that are meant for the home and look at how AWESOME those homes are that have that. Trust me, making some of those fun, crafty things are a lot more than just buying the materials to make the crafts. Some of that involves heavy restoration and remodeling. Yes, you know that is true.

Sorry, unfortunately I do not love the house that I live in that much, plus, I am going to be stuck here for at least 2-3 more years until I finish with school. So what do you do?

Well, I'll tell you what I won't do. I will not sit here and feel guilty about not taking on this awesome-mom role making everything rainbow and cupcakes. Sounds harsh? It's really not, but it's just the way I feel.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment