Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Uberly-Expensive Camera Died


I have mentioned prior that I have had an uberly expensive, Canon 60D DSLR camera, which brought you some semi-spectacular images about the food & such that you have pondered and ogled. I am sad to say that said camera has died. This is deeply angering, mainly because I have only had the thing since March of 2011. Now before you ask, I did make sure to purchase the extended warranty for it, for an additional 2 years. But this process is rather slow, as I had to take the 60D to Best Buy, show it to them, stand there for about 10 minutes while they looked at it and typed some things into the computer. I then proceeded to get lectured on how it would take 2-3 weeks because it needed to be shipped out, however if I was approved for an exchange, then they would contact me immediately and let me know.

This was pretty disheartening, especially since I have all sorts of fun food & crafts that I want to attempt and post pictures, then pin them on Pinterest so tons of people will swoon over my awesomeness (I mean c'mon, this already happens with everyone I already know anyways, so I might as well continue the trend right?).

But what really made me mad is that I felt as if all was lost. See, I made this amazing breakfast and I thought to myself, "Holy crap Carly, get our your magical camera and take pictures of this", and so I did. I managed to snap 2 pictures without event, but that third picture, which I thought was my gem, killed my camera.

You shall rue the day evil breakfast toast bowls, when you took the life of my Canon 60D DSLR that is more camera than I know what to do with. Now how will I ever make anything awesome or crafty when I do not have a camera to take the pictures with? How will the people swoon when they don't see that blur that really makes a pictures?


What am I to do?

All is not lost because I do have a point & shoot that I can take pictures with, but it isn't the same. You won't be able to see every sprinkle, the small little flaws in my cooking, or anything else exciting. I feel as if that evil breakfast toast bowl has consumed my motivation & desire to become artsy-fartsy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment