Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bacon & Egg Toast Cups


So apparently, it is required for you to feed your children when they are hungry and quite frankly I was tired of the cereal binge that seems to occur in this house. I decided that I probably should assume some type of motherly duties and feed the children, which always can go one of two ways...good or bad. Trying to recollect how well it went last time, I decided to make these bacon, egg, and toast cups for the children, as last time they were gobbled up and there was nothing left for me to consume...(oh the the fruits of my labor). I also was unable to get any pictures of said goodies because my camera was dead.

So I decided to do another trial of these goodies for breakfast. My result...this:


I'm not sure if I was more pleased with the outcome of the food or the picture... But alas, it was quite simple to make and I took the wonderful recipe that came from The Noshery, and adapted it to my own the kids' likings. Plus, I haven't quite seen any pictures of scrambled eggs being used, so I thought it would be nice for everyone trying to figure out what it would look like & if it would work.

So first thing first...my ingredients:

  • Muffin pan
  • A glass (that you drink out of)
  • Basting brush
  • Pam cooking spray
  • Bread (I needed 12 slices)
  • Maple Syrup
  • Cheddar jack shredded cheese
  • Eggs (I used 8 eggs)
  • Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Pieces (not the bits)
Steps to Yummyness. 
  1. First things first, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, take this time to spray your muffin pan with Pam cooking spray. 
  2. Take a glass, or anything circular that you have on hand, and place in the center of the bread. I decided to tear around the glass to get the desired circle shape for my muffin pan. You could certainly cut it with a knife if you would like. For me, this method was just easier. After you get the desired amount of bread that you need, just set them aside.
  3. In a bowl, pour some syrup. I only had about 1/4th of a bottle left. You can eye ball this and use as much as you would like. I took my baster brush and dipped it into the syrup and then I basted it on the top part of the bread (the part that is going to be facing up). I got all of the corners and sides. I didn't soak it, but it was pretty sticky!
  4. Take each of your basted bread circles and press them into the muffin pan. I didn't press them to the sides of the pan or anything, just pushed down enough so that they would stay in place. It may look like you're not going to have any room to build upon, but you will.
  5. Take a small pinch of cheese and place it at the bottom of each cup. You don't want a lot and I didn't use a real standard measurement.
  6. I broke 8 eggs, threw them into a bowl, and scrambled them inside of the bowl. I also placed some more cheese in with the eggs. The kids like it that way, so you could add other things in it if you would like.
  7. I took a ladle and then poured the eggs inside of my toast cups. By the time that I was nearly done, it looked like the bread and soaked up a lot of the egg, so I went back over it and filled them until they were at the very edge of the muffin section.
  8. I then took the Oscar Meyer real bacon pieces and placed them on top of the eggs. In the original recipe from The Noshery, she cooked up real bacon slices ahead of time. For me, I decided to do things the lazy way.
  9. The oven was preheated (see step one), and I popped the bacon & egg toast cups and set my timer for 13 minutes. The results were perfect. I checked the eggs to make sure that they were cooked enough, and they had puffed up, spreading the bacon pieces around. I didn't have any rubbery eggs either. At first I thought it was an epic fail because the tops of the poofy cups seemed juicy, but it was due to the cheese, so if you see this, don't be alarmed.
And with that, the masses were allowed to eat. Only one child decided not to and indulge in some disgusting cereal that smelled terrible, but secretly I delighted...why? Because this meant I was actually going to get to eat them, not just make them and then take pictures of them.

If you have tried this out, please let myself know & once again, if you want to see the original version, check out The Noshery. I am thinking that these would be wonderful pre-made and frozen, I just need to regather some gumption to do so (or at least find some free time).

0 comments:

Post a Comment