Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Easy Breezy Coupon Insert Organizer

Amongst the other things that I dabble into, couponing was one of those things I did do. With school, I dedicated less time to doing it and eventually got a little of a culture shock when I noticed that I was out of toilet paper, paper towels, and laundry detergent. Of course, Amazon's Subscribe & Save helped out a little bit, but I totally need to get back into the swing of things.

It dawned on me the other day that I had a special spot to store all of my inserts from the papers. I went through it and threw out everything because they were all very expired. I still need to clean out what is left of the binder, which is probably bare bones now, but that is a whole other adventure.

But I have been asked a few times how I stored my coupon inserts. It's quite simple really and there is a variation of different ways to do it. But what I have used is my trusty pink box...




This was a filing storage box that I found at Walmart over the summer. It is pretty large (well, it is really long) and it was drawer-like so that I could keep it away from the crawling baby that was able to get into everything. It also fit very nicely under my desk and wasn't really in my way.

I just purchased some hanging file folders that were on clearance (but make sure that you have the right size, there is a regular size and some sort of legal file size) and viola, I tucked my inserts into each one of the hanging file folders.

I went in chronological order, by date obviously.

So for each folder you could just put all of the inserts from one date together, and then the next week, put all of the other inserts in the next folder, and so on and so on.

Why did I do this? Because when I found a deal, I could just go look it up and cut only the coupon I needed out from the insert instead of having to find time to cut out every single coupon from every single insert weekly. For me, it just worked better that way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment